Friday, July 11, 2014
It’s time to pull out your safari hat for Cypress Gardens’ annual Swamp Safari.
This year’s event is 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 16. All Swamp Safari activities are free with regular paid admission to Cypress Gardens ($10 for adults, $9 for seniors, and $5 for child ages 6 to 12 years old). Berkeley County residents are admitted free from 9 a.m. until noon.
“This year features exciting presentations and exhibits highlighting Lowcountry swamp life,” said Heather Graham, manager of Cypress Gardens. “From reptiles and rabbits to butterflies and birds, there is a little something for everyone.”
Entertainment, displays and presentations include
• Live music by the Charleston Hot Shots
• The Turtle and Tortoise Society of Charleston
• Tony Mills, Herpetologist (reptile and amphibian expert) from the Lowcountry Institute and star of “Coastal Kingdom TV” show
• Ken Alfieri, Herpetologist and former director of Cypress Gardens
• Chris Smith of Magnolia Gardens Nature Center
• Sonny Gunn, Fossil Hunter
• Charleston Fancy Rabbit Breeders
Food will be available for purchase from the Friends of Cypress Gardens.
Call 843-553-0515 or visit www.cypressgardens.info for more information on this and other exciting Cypress Gardens events.
The Gazette is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The Gazette.