Thursday, May 15, 2014
The organization that puts on the annual Coastal Carolina Fair in Ladson has donated more than $800,000 to nonprofits from the fair’s 2013 proceeds.
All proceeds from the fair are either given away to other organizations or spent on improvements at the 165-acre fairgrounds.
This year, 94 charities received money from the Exchange Club of Charleston.
Those charities include:
• C&B Volunteer Fire Department
• Carolina Canines for Service Inc.
• Darkness to Light
• Dorchester Habitat for Humanity and Habitat for Humanity of Berkeley County
• Dorchester Seniors
• Helping Hands of Goose Creek
• L.E.A.R.N. equine rescue
• Lowcountry Food Bank
• My Sister’s House Inc.
• Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charleston
• Teachers’ Supply Closet
• St. Lutheran Church - The Ark
• Trident Literacy Assocation