Thursday, January 2, 2014
We invite you to share in our year- long celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Moultrie News. The Moultrie News hopes the entire community will join us in celebrating this big milestone.
Carl Meynardie opened the Moultrie News in 1964 as a tabloid shopper when he was the publisher of the Hanahan News. He ran the little paper for eight years. In 1972 the Moultrie News was bought by Charles Diggle and J.C. Long. At the time, Diggle was publisher of several community papers. When Long died in 1987, Charles Diggle bought the Beach Company’s interest in the Moultrie News, and the Diggle family ran the paper for 11 years before selling it to the Evening Post Community Publications Group. Today, the mission is the same - to give the community the news they need to know and to celebrate all that is great about East Cooper. Today, under the leadership of publisher Vickey Boyd and editor Sully Witte, the Moultrie News works tirelessly to provide the East Cooper area with quality informative reporting on local events with knowledge, perspective and compassion.
With great community programs in 2014, our weekly “This Week in History” column in the newspaper and online, and three great events throughout the year, we’re excited to celebrate our anniversary with you!
• Family Day at Awendaw Green: Sunday, April 27
We are excited to be a part of the East Cooper community and to kick off our celebration at Awendaw Green. Join us for a day of family fun featuring:
• Local school bands and choirs
• Face painting, games and contests for kids
• Fun into the evening with a great line up of local musicians
• Food provided by some of Charleston’s best food trucks
• Concert at Boone Hall: Sunday, June 8 featuring Plane Jane and East Coast Party Band
If you’re a fan of Plane Jane and The East Coast Party Band, then don’t miss the 50th Anniversary concert at Boone Hall. With great music from East Cooper’s hometown favorites, delicious local food and the beauty of the Boone Hall Plantation, this is a can’t miss event celebrating the history, fun, and laid-back atmosphere only found east of the Cooper River!
• Community Day at Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island: Saturday, Oct. 18
We’re excited to be celebrating our commitment to island life with a Community Day in partnership with the Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island at Stith Park. Look for community fund raisers, contests and activities for kids, and of course, great food. Visit www.MoultrieNews50th.com for details on sponsorships, ticket information and event information.
An exciting aspect of this celebration is our online component, complete with a detailed website, featuring photos, videos and more.
Each week we will feature “On this day in print.” We managed to find archives of many editions of the Moultrie News and can share with you some funny headlines, old editorial cartoons, important milestones in our town’s history and reprints of some of our well-known columnists.
Visit www. MoultrieNews50th.com and check out our archives and information about our events. The web site is a work in progress and will change all year long, so check it out often.
In addition, local businesses can be a sponsor of the year long celebration.
Why be a sponsor of the Moultrie News 50th Anniversary?
• Audience Concentration: Events provide the best time to meet, educate and persuade large volumes of customers at one time. Reach a targeted, qualified, local audience.
• Cost effective: The average cost per attendee interaction at an event is significantly lower than the cost of an average sales call.
• Get an edge: Enhance your brand image and position and maximize awareness among our highly targeted consumer base. Face-to-face marketing provides the ultimate opportunity to broaden and brand your business in a positive and effective environment.
• Make a lasting impression: When you consider the readership of the Moultrie News in print and/or online each week, the 50th Anniversary celebration is a must for your business.
For more detailed information on our sponsorship opportunities please call Vickey Boyd, Publisher at 958-7480.
? Presenting Sponsor
? Platinum Sponsor
? Gold Sponsor
? “This Week in History” Sponsor
? Tote Bag Sponsor
? Silver Sponsor
? T-shirt Sponsor
? Event Ticket Sponsor
? Bronze Sponsor
For more details on sponsorships and the Moultrie News 50th Anniversary please visit our website, http://eveningpostevents.com/moultrie-50th-anniversary.
The Gazette is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The Gazette.