Friday, October 25, 2013
James Beard Award-winning chef John Currence is heading to Charleston on Tuesday, Nov. 19 as part of his 2013 book tour for his recently launched cookbook “Pickles, Pigs & Whiskey.” For the event, he has invited some of his favorite local chefs to be featured and together they will offer a small taste of some of the items found in the book. Specialty spirits, wine and beer will also be part of the fun and the event will take place in the newly opened High Wire Distilling warehouse and nearby parking lot adjacent to Butcher & Bee. A limited amount of tickets will be available at $85 and the price includes a copy of the cookbook.
Featured Chefs (offering small bites inspired by book)
• Chef Jason Stanhope, FIG
• Chef Jeremiah Bacon, Indigo Road Group
• Chef Josh Keeler, Two Boroughs Larder
• Chef Sean Brock, McCrady’s and Husk
• Chef Stuart Tracy, Butcher & Bee
• University Gray Punch by John Currence
• High Wire Distilling, featuring Bittermilk and Jack Rudy
• Special brew by Edmund’s Oast/The Charleston Beer Exchange
• Wines by Grassroots Distributing (including Rajat Parr)
• Whisper Creek Tennessee Sipping Cream
Currence has cooked his way through many of the South’s top kitchens before settling down in Oxford, Miss. It is there where he has opened a series of amazingly popular places including City Grocery, Boure, Big Bad Breakfast, Snackbar and The Main Event.
To purchase tickets, visit https://johncurrencecharleston.eventbrite.com/
The Gazette is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The Gazette.