Police seek Dogwood Park murder suspect

  • Friday, September 27, 2013

The Goose Creek Police Department needs help locating Stephon Johnson who is pictured here. If you have any information regarding this incident, or if you know where this individual is, please contact Inv. Paul Tremblay at (843) 863-5200 ext. 2463 or Crime Stoppers at 554-1111. PROVIDED


Goose Creek Police Department investigators have obtained an arrest warrant charging Stephon Johnson, 24, with the murder of William Kuhn.
Kuhn, 40, of North Charleston, was found dead in Dogwood Park on Sept. 18.
A Sept. 19 autopsy ruled Kuhn's death a homicide, according to Berkeley County Coroner Bill Salisbury.
The cause of death was a single gunshot wound to the head, Salisbury said Thursday afternoon.
Johnson is described as an African-American male, born Feb. 2, 1989, about 5 feet 7 inches tall, 185 pounds with black hair and brown eyes, according to a statement issued by GCPD Tuesday morning.
Johnson is believed to be moving about the North Charleston and Goose Creek area, according to GCPD.
Johnson is known to carry a pistol and is believed to be armed and dangerous.  Investigators are asking anyone with information on Johnson’s whereabouts to contact Crime Stoppers at 554-1111 or contact the Goose Creek Police Department at 863-5200.
The arrest warrant was not released Tuesday morning inasmuch as the premature release of details contained in the warrant could jeopardize the investigation, according to GCPD.
At about 4:50 p.m. on Sept. 18 a 13-year-old boy rode his bicycle to the park and saw a person on the ground near the playground, according to a Goose Creek Police Department incident report.
The boy told police he called out for the person but he did not move. The boy told his 17-year-old brother, and they returned to the park on bicycles, according to the report.
The older brother called his father who told him to call 911.
GCPD released audio of the 911 call on Sept. 19.
“There’s a man laying on the ground unconscious, it doesn’t look like he’s breathing,” the 17-year old told a dispatcher during the 911 call. “He’s face down laying on the ground. It looks like he’s probably not alive. I called out to him about three times.”
The older brother told police that medics arrived shortly after the call, according to an incident report. The only other thing he remembers seeing is a red Ford F-150 leaving the area as medics and police arrived, according to the report.
The investigation continues.

Latest Videos
News from Twitter

The Gazette

© 2016 The Gazette an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.