Crime in the Creek

  • Thursday, April 18, 2013

The following incidents were obtained from Goose Creek Police Department and Berkeley County Sheriff's Office reports:
• A Ladson man contacted authorities after saying his car was stolen in the early hours of April 8. The complainant, who had a strong odor of alcohol emanating from his person, said his vehicle was stolen from his Raymond Drive residence. The officer did not see any shattered glass or signs of vandalism.
A Spanish translator was contacted via telephone as the complainant did not speak English. He said he was inside his home, the incident location, all night. The 2000 Ford Taurus was entered into NCIC but removed because it was found by Goose Creek Police near Snake Road.
The vehicle was towed from Snake Road. It appeared to have been driven into an embankment and a driver could not be found.
• A deputy responded to a Ladson address in regard to assault and battery second degree. The victim was lying on a couch wrapped up in a blanket with blood covering his face. His right eye was swollen shut and his left eye was barely open. He had a difficult time speaking to the officer.
EMS responded to the residence. The victim said he and a female met the suspect at a gas station at about 4 a.m. April 6 on College Park Road and walked to Kentucky Drive. The suspect and an unknown driver picked up the victim and the female subject in a vehicle, which stopped along the side of College Park Road across from a gas station. The suspect and driver pulled the victim out of the back seat, threw him in the ditch and began punching and kicking him in the face and head before fleeing. The victim and female subject were able to flag down a vehicle and received a ride home. EMS transported the victim to a local hospital. The victim said he and the suspect had been drinking alcoholic energy drinks and cough syrup earlier in the evening.
A suspect matching the description was later found and taken to the detention center.
• Shortly after 2 a.m. on March 29 an unknown subject called an emergency line to make a bomb threat. The subject said he had a pipe bomb in the Brandywine Townhouse complex off St. James Avenue and it was going to go off in 30 minutes. Officers arrived and secured the front and rear exits of the complex. The phone call originated from a 911-only cell phone and could not be called back to investigate.
The call originated from Harbour Lake Drive. The perimeter was kept secured until the area was cleared of any suspicious activity.

Latest Videos
News from Twitter

The Gazette

© 2016 The Gazette an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.