Crime in the Creek
The following incidents were obtained from Goose Creek Police Department and Berkeley County Sheriff's Office reports:
• A North Charleston man contacted authorities after saying he was involved in a physical altercation in the parking lot of a nightclub off Redbank Road on a recent morning at about 4 a.m. The victim said he was in a fight with a male subject when an unknown person stabbed him in his right forearm. The victim did not see the weapon or the suspect, who immediately disappeared into the crowd that had gathered to watch the fight.
The victim was taken to the hospital and released.
• A man entered the backyard of his Evergreen Magnolia Avenue residence on a recent morning and found a grey pit bull and black dachshund had entered the yard through a hole in the fence. The pit bull suddenly charged the victim and bit him in the right leg and buttocks. Both bites punctured the victim's skin and pants. The dachshund ran back through the fence and the pit bull was taken into custody with a canine capture stick.
The pit bull was relinquished to Animal Control until a rabies vaccination could be administered.
• Officers responded to an active house alarm in the Hamlets subdivision on a recent afternoon. An officer noticed the top half of a window had been struck with some object that broke the glass. The window is about 10 feet of the ground, where glass shards were scattered.
There were no other signs of damage or forced entry. The damage to the residential window is estimated to be $150.
• A resident was awoken at about 2:30 a.m. on a recent morning by a knock on their apartment door. The victim told officers she did not answer the door or get out of bed. The victim then heard a loud crashing sound of her bedroom window being shattered. When she looked outside she did not see anyone in the area.
• Seven guitar pedals, two guns and two boxes of ammunition were among items stolen after a vehicle was broken into on a recent afternoon off South Alliance Drive. The victim said he entered the lobby of a restaurant to dine and when he returned to his vehicle he found shattered glass and the above-mentioned items were missing.