Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Each year Goose Creek recognizes city employees and volunteers for their hard work and dedication. The following outstanding employees and volunteers were recognized at Goose Creek City Council’s March 12 meeting.
• 2013 City Employee of the Year Investigator Micah Fogle
• Golf Department Employee of the Year Brett Charpia
• Department of Public Works Employee of the Year Rodger Spencer
• Administration Department Employee of the Year Lyndora Jenkins
• Recreation Department Employee of the Year Carrie Stika
• Fire Department Employee of the Year Simeon Abdon
• Police Department Civilian Employee of the Year Amanda McGhee
Two volunteers were also recognized: Chaplain Bill Thompson was named the Police Department’s Volunteer of the Year, and Tom Risso was named Volunteer Board Member of the Year.
These outstanding employees will celebrate this recognition with co-workers and family at the Charleston Riverdogs game on April 13.
Berkeley Independent is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Berkeley Independent.