Crime in the Creek
The following incidents were obtained from Goose Creek Police Department and Berkeley County Sheriff's Office reports:
• A lime green 2007 Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle was stolen recently from a Harbour Lake Drive address. The motorcycle, valued at $7,000, was parked in front of the victim's apartment with the steering wheel locked.
The vehicle was entered into NCIC.
• A man who lives in Willowood Avenue recently found a handgun in his backyard. The man observed the 9mm Beretta semi-automatic weapon with a magazine containing nine rounds. One bullet was loaded in the chamber.
A deputy ran the gun through NCIC but it was not listed as stolen. The gun and ammunition were recovered and placed in an evidence locker.
• An officer responded to a St. James Avenue hair salon where an employee said the front door was unsecured when she arrived at work that morning and the “open” sign was illuminated. The employee noted that a laptop, a tablet computer and a television were missing.
• A man believes items were stolen from his work truck while it was parked at a home improvement store off St. James Avenue. Stolen items include a laptop, a cell phone, an impact wrench and an 18-volt drill. The victim did not notice the items were missing until the next morning.
• A Redbank Road convenience store clerk stopped a heavyset female who they believed was shoplifting. The clerk stopped the subject and was able to retrieve a three pack of beer.
The subject managed to leave and headed toward Harbour Lake Drive. The subject is believed to have left the store with peanuts and magazines that were not paid for.