Wednesday, February 6, 2013
The following incidents were obtained from Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A small brush fire was reported on a recent afternoon in an area behind apartments on Bridgetown Road. Officers spoke with the apartment groundskeeper, who said the fire was beside the fence line and was easily extinguished.
A boy with a fire extinguisher was seen running to the fire. An officer spoke with the juvenile, who said he was outside playing, noticed a grass fire and went home to get his fire extinguisher to put it out, but at that point the fire department had already arrived.
• A $30,000 flatbed trailer was stolen overnight recently from an empty lot off Treeland Drive in Ladson. The complainant said he does not know who owns the property but employees at an adjacent hotel said he could park the trailer there as long as he did not block anyone in.
• Officers responded to Pineshadow Drive on a recent evening after someone reported a drive-by shooting. A silver Chevy Impala and black Dodge Charger sped away from the scene after one fired several rounds. A deputy found one of the bullets lodged in the lower right area of the metal frame to the window on the second floor.
Several silver 9mm shell casings were located, photographed and take in as evidence. Police spoke with nearby residents to gather information.
• A Prestwick Circle resident reported hearing a ping outside their window at about 2:30 a.m. on a recent morning. The complainant found a bullet hole in the roof of her metal carport.
• An unnamed establishment off Redbank Road was broken into on a recent night and more than $3,000 worth of various items were stolen. A brick was thrown through the front glass door, which was completely shattered. Several speakers, mixers and sound equipment were stolen along with a cash register and 10 bottles of various liquors. A second cash register was found lying on the floor and was emptied of all monies.