Wednesday, January 23, 2013
The following incidents were obtained from Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A Ladson woman reported someone entered her vehicle parked on Louie Lane the night of Jan. 15 through an unlocked door. Missing from the vehicle was a $200 purse, a $50 wallet, a set of jumper cables, $200 worth of miscellaneous clothes, and six patient files. No suspect information was available at the time the report was filed.
• A Goose Creek man is wanted after obtaining money under false pretenses. The subject apparently rented a $900 TV from a rental center. Instead of returning the TV set to the rental center, the suspect took it to a local pawnshop and obtained money for it.
• A Goose Creek man was arrested for disorderly conduct after his vehicle was found in a ditch on a recent night, and the suspect ran from officers attempting to evade them.
The vehicle was wrecked in a ditch near Old Black River Road. The suspect was found running along Redbank Road and had a strong odor of alcohol. Once officers caught up with him he refused to be detained for questioning and was placed in handcuffs and taken to the detention center.
An identification card on the suspect’s person matched the name on the vehicle’s registration. The suspect said he didn’t know anything about a truck being in the ditch.
• A Rutt Lane man called officers after hearing gunshots in the area behind his residence. The complainant said he heard a bullet pass through the trees above him. The victim is concerned due to the fact that there was an altercation on New Years Eve at which he was also shot at. The victim said he’s been having a disagreement with his neighbors regarding land beside his current residence.
• A Whisper Way woman reported the theft of her roommate’s compact disc player that was removed from the dashboard of his 1994 Dodge truck on a recent night. The music player is valued at $250.